Plan your trip
More information coming soon about how to book accommodation and travel for the 2018 event
- Passport (Not photocopy) which is valid for at least six(6) months -To be submitted along with the application form.
- Completed (Filled in) Application form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary / Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos, 2 inches by 2 inches (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: (Money order / Cashier's Cheque Only Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
- US$50.00 For Single Entry (Tourist/Visitor/Business)
Note that requirements are subject to change.
For information and requirements please visit: https://www.kenyaembassy.com/dcservices/appforvisaonline.aspx
About the host city
Nairobi is the capital and largest city in Kenya. The name "Nairobi" comes from the Maasai phraseEnkare Nyirobi, which translates to "the place of cool waters". However, it is popularly known as the "Green City in the Sun".
Founded in 1899 as a simple rail depot on the railway linking Mombasa to Uganda, the town quickly grew to become the capital of British East Africa in 1907 and eventually the capital of a free Kenyan republic in 1963. With an estimated population of 4 million, Nairobi occupies 684 square kilometres and is currently the 13th largest city in Africa.
Now one of the most prominent cities in Africa both politically and financially, Nairobi is an established hub for business and culture and is home to many companies and organizations, including the United Nations Environment Programme and the UN Office in Africa.
A number of international events have been held in the city among them being the annual Nairobi Marathon, sponsored by Standard Chartered bank. This has become a signature sports event that brings together runners and supporters from all over the country as well as foreign participants to Nairobi, the beautiful capital city of Kenya and home of the greatest distance runners in the world.