- Strategic partners
- Kenya Investment Authority
Area of OperationsStrategic partners
Kenya Investment Authority
“A global leader in investment attraction.”
“To promote and facilitate domestic and foreign investment in Kenya by advocating for a conducive investment climate, providing accurate information and offering quality services for a prosperous Nation."
Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) is a statutory body established in 2004 through an Act of Parliament (Investment Promotion Act No. 6 of 2004) with the main objective of promoting investments in Kenya. It is responsible for facilitating the implementation of new investment projects, providing After Care services for new and existing investments, as well as organizing investment promotion activities both locally and internationally. The core functions of KenInvest include; Policy Advocacy; Investment Promotion; Investment Facilitation which includes Investor Tracking and After Care Services. The activities are carried out through the following departments:
Research, Policy Advocacy and Planning Department
Undertake research, review and analyse policies, and engage in policy advocacy geared towards improving the business environment.
Investment Promotion Department
Target and attract investments to achieve increased economic development.
Investor Services Department
Ensure expeditious and quality facilitation of projects for prompt implementation and effective After Care Services.
Legal and Corporate Affairs Department
Uphold KenInvest’s corporate profile, ensure observance of good corporate governance and attend to legal affairs.
Finance and Administration Department
Formulate and implement efficient financial and administrative management policies and systems.
Monitor and evaluate management policies, procedures, regulations and systems to ensure compliance with the best practices for effective utilization of organisational resources.
At KenInvest we aspire to conduct all our affairs in accordance with the principles of good corporate governance.
- Issuance of Investment Certificate, that facilitates immediate start of a business.
- Assistance in obtaining any necessary licenses and permits.
- Assisting in obtaining incentives or exemptions under the Income Tax Act, the Customs and Excise Act, the Value Added Tax Act or other legislation
- Providing information to investors on the business climate, operating rules investment opportunities, sources of capital,...
- Liaison with other government agencies for the issuance of additional licenses and approvals not directly handled by the Authority.
Post – Investment Services
- Provision of After Care services. Continuous.
- Liaison with other stakeholders who interface with investors in their day-to-day operations with an ultimate aim of improving the investment environment and to make it easier to do business.
- Country: Kenya